Purchase Kids Tag Art
Lee County Kids Tag Art is an educational fundraising project created in partnership with the Lee County Tax Collector's Office and designed to benefit the art classrooms in the School District of Lee County. The program is offered annually to each elementary schools' fifth-grade students. The students a have an opportunity to create a unique design that is then made in to a front-end license place that can be purchased. We are proud to have a program that brings businesses, students, families, and government together to increase awareness and support art in education. All proceeds, more than $170,000 since the 2016 inception are distributed to the participating elementary schools art teachers for their classrooms.
The program is designed to teach children how art is used in commerce, exhibited by 120+ specialty license plates in Florida. 5,600 fifth grade students within 49 public schools will have the opportunity to create a design that will become their very own front-end decorative license plate!
The program is fun and easy – here’s how it works:
- Students develop their own theme and create a design on the template provided.
- Student designs are made available for purchase by family and friends upon completion.
- Classroom teachers select finalist designs.
- Finalists are submitted for blind judging by a panel of judges and two students from each school receive an Award of Distinction.
- Tax Collector's Choice Award: The Lee County Tax Collector personally selects one Award of Distinction recipient to be honored with the “Tax Collector Choice Award.” This award is presented to the student whose design is well-developed with bold, colorful art (no graphic lettering allowed), and portrays the character of the Kids Tag Art initiative. This tag will be displayed on the front bumper of the Honorable Noelle Branning’s personal vehicle and in the Tax Collector Downtown Service Center.
- The Foundation for Lee County Public School's Design Excellence Award: The FLCPS “Design Excellence Award” is presented to one student whose design best represents giving back to the community and what community means to the student. The winning design will be displayed at the Foundation office for 12 months.
- The School District of Lee County's Educational Excellence Award: The Superintendent of Schools will honor one student whose creative design best illustrates the power of education. The honoree will have their tag displayed at the Lee County Public Education Center for 12 months.
- Suncoast Credit Union's Sunny Future Award: The Suncoast Credit Union’s Sunny Future Award will honor one student whose creative expression best illustrates an idea of what the school of the future will look like.
- Winning plates from each school are made available for sale to the public.
- Funds from the sale of plates, along with business sponsorships, will directly support art classrooms in participating district schools.
- Teachers can also get in on the fun by designing an arts education themed plate. The winner will also receive a special honor at our Spring Ceremony.
Thank you to our partners and generous sponsors.
In partnership with:
Any business can support the program through a tax deductible sponsorship by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.